If you know, you know. There’s nothing much better than a refreshing cup of ceviche. Except, of course, for doing it in Aardvark style.
- 1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 4-6 limes)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup Serrabanero Green Hot Sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 Tbsp salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on size of shrimp. (Over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery.) Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for half hour.
Mix in the chopped red onion and Serrabanero Green Hot Sauce. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
Right before serving, add the cilantro, red bell pepper, and avocado.