Serrabanero Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 4-6 limes)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup Serrabanero Green Hot Sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 Tbsp salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on size of shrimp. (Over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery.) Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
Mix in the chopped red onion and Serrabanero Green Hot Sauce. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
Right before serving, add the cilantro, red bell pepper, and avocado.