Try this super-simple, but oh-so-flavorful Asian-inspired take on salmon – featuring coconut milk and ginger. Yum.
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 4 pieces salmon (about 2 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a saucepan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon olive oil and cook onions until softened, three minutes. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil, then simmer on medium until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Add Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce after the coconut milk
Meanwhile, preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper, then drizzle skillet with 1 tsp. olive oil and sear salmon, 4 minutes per side.
Serve salmon with warm spicy coconut milk sauce.