This year, we’re not having a big get-together for the Super Bowl. But even though we won’t have a bunch of our family and friends to feed, it doesn’t mean we can’t make a few of our favorite game-day recipes! Here are a few of our favorite snacks to whip up while we watch Kansas City take on Tampa Bay.
Hot Wings Three Ways
What’s better than a batch of hot wings? Three takes on hot wings using different types of Secret Aardvark!
AARDVARK HABANERO HOT WINGS
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken wing pieces
- 3/4 cup Secret Aardvark Habanero Sauce
Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour wings on sheet pan and spread evenly. Broil on high for 15–20 minutes or until brown turning the wings over once. Toss wings in sauce to coat.
DRUNKEN JERK WINGS WITH RASPBERRY GLAZE
- 2 pounds chicken wings (no tips)
- 1 cup Secret Aardvark Drunken Jerk Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ medium-size sweet onion, diced
- ½ (18-ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- ½ cup Secret Aardvark Drunken Jerk Sauce=
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 ½teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For Raspberry Glaze
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Stir in preserves, Drunken Jerk sauce, and olive oil; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until preserves are melted. Stir in wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add lemon juice.
Place ingredients in gallon zip lock bag, mix and marinade 4 -24 hours in refrigerator.
Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour wings on sheet pan and spread evenly. Broil on high for 15–20 minutes or until brown turning the wings over once. Brush wings generously with raspberry glaze and return to broiler for 5 minutes.
DRUNKEN GARLIC BLACK BEAN WINGS
- 2 pounds chicken wings (no tips)
- 1 cup Secret Aardvark Drunken Garlic Black Bean Sauce
*Place in gallon zip lock bag, mix and marinade 4 -24 hours in refrigerator.
Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour wings on sheet pan and spread evenly. Broil on high for 15–20 minutes or until brown, turning the wings over once.
Guacamole Your Way
Whether you like your guac creamy or chunky, we have a recipe for you.
SERRABANERO CHUNKY GUACAMOLE
- Three ripe avocados cut into ½ inch dice
- Two ripe tomatoes cut into ½ inch dice
- One small onion chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Serrabanero Green Hot Sauce
- Kosher salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined. To keep the guacamole from turning brown, take a pit from one of the avocados and place in the center of the bowl. Remove just before serving.
AARDVARK CREAMY GUACAMOLE
- 2 large Avocados, pulp of
- 1 small Tomato, diced
- ¼ cup onion
- 2 ½ tablespoons Secret Aardvark Habanero hot sauce or more to taste.
- ¼ cup minced cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Mash the avocado with a potato masher. Using a fork, whisk in the tomatoes, onion and Secret Aardvark Habanero hot sauce. Or you can do it in the food processor for an even silkier texture. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Mix in the sour cream, and serve.
Dips and More
Of course, the list of game day snacks doesn’t end with wings and guacamole. Here are a few more recipes to try this weekend and beyond.
HABANERO HOT SAUCE LAYERED BEAN DIP
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1/4 cup Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 c guacamole
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c shredded mixed cheddar and jack cheese
- 1 can (4 1/4 oz.) sliced or chopped black ripe olives
- 1/2 c chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 1 c shredded lettuce
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
Mix refried beans and Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce together in bowl. In a glass pie pan or casserole dish, spread refried bean mixture on the bottom of the dish. Layer guacamole, shredded mixed cheddar and jack cheese, then the sour cream over beans. Apply Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce in drops or stream, according to taste, over sour cream.
Top with shredded lettuce, press down slightly. Sprinkle with drained sliced or chopped black ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, then chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
DRUNKEN JERK HUMMUS
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup Drunken Jerk Jamaican Marinade
- Salt to taste
In a food processor, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon slices before serving.
DRUNKEN JERK VEGETARIAN CHILI
*Meat option below
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 cans black beans (do not drain)
- 2 can kidney beans
- 12oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup water OR 12oz. Red Stripe
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow, red, or green bell pepper. coarsely chopped
- 1 orange
- ½ bottle Drunken Jerk Sauce
In large pot mix first nine ingredients. Squeeze half an orange into the pot and add coarsely chopped peppers. Squeeze remaining orange into pot and add ½ bottle Drunken Jerk to the pot. Once everything’s in the pot heat till boiling. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for one hour until onions turn translucent.
*For meat chili brown 1/2 pound Italian sausage and 1 pound ground beef in the pot. Drain fat and add the first nine ingredients to the pot.