Fall is here
And with fall comes pumpkins, fallen leaves, football, and nights in. We’ve got yummy recipes to warm you all season long.
Spicy Pumpkin & Coconut Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce
- 3 Tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
1. Add the ginger, garlic, and onion to a large pot with the olive or coconut oil and sauté over medium heat until soft and transparent (about 5 minutes).
2. Add the cumin and red pepper to the pot. Stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the pumpkin purée and coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine. Add the chicken or vegetable broth and stir to combine again. Allow the soup to heat for a few minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Just before serving, stir in a handful of the chopped cilantro and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
5. Top with Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce!
See all recipes